miércoles, 27 de abril de 2011

My Favorite Song in English

My favorite song in English is “No Woman, No Cry”, by Bob Marley. I don’t remember really well when I heard this song for the first time, but I know that it was with my brother, Pedro. He really likes this type of music, and he showed me this song when I was like twelve or thirteen. “No Woman, No Cry” belongs to the reggae style and it is one of the most popular songs of the legendary Bob Marley.
I like this song because is really soothing and it talks about how a woman shouldn’t cry, although, of course, back then, when I was a child, I didn’t know the real meaning of the song, and I just like the rhythm. Now, when I’m twenty, this song makes me feel very calmed and optimistic about the future, and I often play it when I’m studying.
“No Woman, No Cry” was included in the album “Natty Dread” in 1975, but it reached fame in the live version of the “Live!” album, released in the same year. There has been made several covers of this song, some of there played by famous artist like Wiclef Jean, Andrés Calamaro and Sean Kingston.


2 comentarios:

  1. It's not the kind of music I usually hear but it's so calm and relaxing... thanks for share it!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Reggae music is great! His influenced in other music is amazing! Greetings Verito!

    ResponderEliminar